Does My Child Have Autism?May 15, 2018
POP! The Benefits of Exploration with BubblesJune 25, 2018
The Best Activities for Kids With ADHD
Kids with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity disorder, or ADHD, include difficulty concentrating, trouble following directions, restlessness, and impulsivity qualities that can make it hard for a child to participate in some activities.
Physical activity in general is very beneficial to kids with ADHD,”
- Physical activities gives ADHD kids a chance to burn off extra energy and boost to their confidence.
- Most kids, ADHD or not, love being outside. Outdoor exercises like biking is especially good for high-energy kids. Your kid will be constantly moving and using large muscle groups, keeping him focused.
- Swimming The constant movement keeps up with your kid’s energy level, and the self-discipline the sport requires is good for them too.
- Running with the track team or just a solo jog through the park, the constant movement and sense of accomplishment for kids with ADHD. Also, the sport’s much-touted ability to calm the mind makes it a great way to wind down after school.
- Children with ADHD must do an aerobic activity three to four times a week. Exercise helps attention, and it improves self-esteem.”