Speech Therapist in Delhi
The first few years in a child’s life have an instrumental role to play in speech and language development. More often than not, by the time hearing loss is detected in a child, they are already behind their peers in many areas involving language and speech. This is true for not only those who have a severe hearing loss, but also for children with mild-to-moderate hearing impairments. After all, how can a child be expected to follow a direction or build a vocabulary if they have difficulty picking up certain sounds or are unable to hear anything at all!?
Speech Therapy in Delhi
If you suspect your child’s speech development is not on track, we recommend you consult with our speech therapist at Paschim Vihar or Jasola in Delhi. Getting your child screened professionally will help you get to the root of the problem.
For every parent whose child has been diagnosed with hearing loss and subsequent speech deficiencies, the biggest question is: What am I going to do about this? The answer is: Do not wait.
Early Intervention Program
For children in whom hearing loss was detected at birth, speech therapies must begin by 6 months of age. For those who were diagnosed later, therapy must convene as early as possible. Listening Ears’ Early Intervention Program for children who need speech therapies in Delhi includes a plethora of services:
- Instilling confidence in children by building a strong emotional bond and encouraging them to speak without fear
- Teaching children to express their feelings through apt vocabulary, eye contact, and gestures
- Differentiating between receptive and expressive language modules and how they are used
- Fundamentals of communicating in a group and using body language
- Articulation and phonology training, as well as training to overcome fluency disorders
We also train parents for speech and language development to ensure the child receives appropriate care at home also.