Hearing difficulties can affect a child’s ability to learn – both socially and at school.
Children with a hearing loss may experience speech and language delays, educational difficulties, behavioral problems and often require increased support.
Some common warning signs of hearing problems in children:
- Says “what?” or “huh?” often
- Not startling to very loud sounds
- Attention or behavioural problems
- Inability to detect incoming sounds
- Speech/language delay or differences
- Difficulty understanding speech in background noise
- Academic difficulties
Our Comprehensive Audiological Assessment Includes:
Listening Ears has a team of qualified Audiologists experienced in working with children.
We offer comprehensive assessment and management of children’s hearing – no matter how mild or profound.
- Newborn Hearing Screening
- Otoacoustic Emissions (OAE)
- Auditory Brainstem Response (ABR)
- Automated Steady State Response Testing (ASSR)
- Visual Reinforcement Audiometry (VRA)
- Behavioral Observation Audiometry (BOA)
- Conditioned Play Audiometry (CPA)
- Speech Audiometry
- Cochlear Implant Mapping/ Switch On
|Audiology Services||Auditory Verbal||Occupational Therapy||Speech Language Therapy||Cognitive Behavioural Therapy||Facilities||Enrollment Program|